You might reconsider a second date if:
- More time is spent texting others rather than engaging in conversation.
- They answer a call during your date and it's not an emergency.
- One of you is doing all of the talking.
- If you're a women and your date didn't open the door for you.
- If you're a man and your date quickly made a get away after you dropped her off (no good night hug or lingering conversation).
- They told you all about themselves but didn't ask anything about you.
- You don't feel excited about seeing them again.
- Your date wasn't appreciative of your company and time.
- The person was critical of you and made you feel silly or stupid.
In all cases you should go with your gut feeling. Just because a first date didn't go perfectly it doesn't mean a second date isn't warranted. Sometimes the first date jitters get the best of all of us. HOWEVER, you should never go on a second date to just "be nice" if you know there is no way it would ever work out, don't lead your guy or girl along.